Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

pubic pain

i am 58 yr female with constant pubic bone pain.  any idea what it could be?
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Welcome to the forum!

The origin of pain can either be in the abdominal muscles or inside the abdomen. The place which you describe can become painful in case of an abscess or an infected hematoma in abdominal muscles. It could also be cystitis, urinary tract infection, diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease. A urine examination is definitely required. In women it can also be due to uterine fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease or polycystic ovary. Please consult a gynecologist regarding this.
Hope these tips help. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.