recurrent urinary tract infections

i have been suffering reccurent painful infections since last summer.antibiotics seem to help for a couple of days and then it starts up again.i have tried cranberry capsules[recomended by a urolagist]with little effect.another doctor suggested apple vinegar.does anyone know if this is effective?

Some of the suggestions you mention can actually make the condition worse because of the acid content. Reoccurent UTIs can be a sign of other health issues such as chronic cystitis or a kidney problem. You need to see a urologist.

Chrsitine
my doctor already told me i need to be checked out for cytitis.thanks a lot for contacting me.it helps.

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community