Urology Community

retention

Not being able to void . taking meds 3 times a day (urecholine) even taking meds sometimes i still have problems voiding. what could this be?
Hi and welcome. Are you female or male?
Are you drinking 2 to 3 liters of water daily or have you been diagnosed with a urinary tract infection?  If you cannot void at all, your urologist may have you self cath for a period of time.  If you could provide more information, perhaps our suggestions would not have to be so general.

Good luck.
I am female 54 yrs old. I have been having this problem for about 4 months have been dilated didnt help. i drink water and tea all day. going back to urologist friday. strange but true have 2 sisters having the same problem.also i have a bladder sling.
Did they also have kidney stones? What was their diagnoses?
The Urecholine medication is to help you to empty your bladder.

As this does not seem to be working well for you, I would suggest that you contact the person who prescribed this to you.

Have you been given directions when to take this medication?  Some medications interact with other ones as well as interacting with some foods, alcohol and tobacco.

As you are seeing the urologist on Friday, you should discuss this with him.

Hope you get on OK.

Best wishes.