Urology Community

retrograde ejaculation

I too began taking flomax about 4 years ago and experienced retro right away.  I did not associate it with flomax until recently.  Is it harmful if I stop taking the flomax and is this the cause of my retro?

This discussion is related to Retrograde Ejaculation from Flomax......permanent or not?.
I'm having the same problems on Flomax with the retro.  I'm also scared about the loss of strength stated on some forums.  
it says that Flomax relaxes the muscles of the prostate and bladder neck so it seems like it could improve blood flow to the prostate and help treat a prostate infection like I've had with shooting pains for months now.  my urination is better now on flowmax

I wish I had been given Cialis or Viagra since they treat BPH benign prostate hyperplasia- apparently as you age your prostate begins to enlarge by growing more cells
yes the Flomax is the cause of your retro.  I've read people have permanent strength loss on Flomax too.  
some people are anti Avodart since it affects the prostate hormonally and may have longterm effects.  I think I may stop the Flomax after a few days on 0.8mg/day  

I had a burning urination like I was releasing prostate fluid so maybe that is good?  I really want to get prostate drainage, it seems that some urologists may do prostate massage.  my urologist wouldn't do a semen culture.  I'm sure I have terrible pains from prostate infection
but what if I add a few doses of 1g methenamine 1g sodium salicylate now that my bladder neck is relaxed?  will that help clear out the infection?