Urology Community

retrograge ejaculation

I have been experiencing retrograde ejaculation from taking Flomax and Uroxatral for several years. Will normal ejaculation return if I stop the medication? How long will it take?
     Thanks for writing in. The common side effects of Flomax are abnormal ejaculation patterns which include premature ejaculation, retrograde ejaculation etc. Withdrawal from Flomax can resume normal ejaculatory function. There are no studies supporting how much time it takes to resume normal ejaculatory function as it varies from patient to patient and is dose dependent.
Consult a urologist for further assistance.
Best.

there might be side effects due to what your taking and of course getting back to normal ejaculation will indeed take time if you dont push yourself to control it.