Urology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

right testicle and pain

posted a few times now.  I have more updates.  for two months now, i have had a pain in behind the right testicle (epididymis).  tested for std's three times.  Done bacterial cultures three times.  all negative or no growth.  the main started early june and persists to this day.  have done two ultrasounds.  I have an 8mm cyst in the right epididymal head.  I have a swollen lymph node in the right groin. the doctor thinks it is due to an infection causing the epididymitis.  I have taken two weeks of doxy and am now on day 10 of a 14 day cipro 500 perscription.  still no change or improvement.  actually a bit worse.  I now feel pressure all the way from my right lower abdomen (where node is swollen) all the way down to my right inner thigh.  feels almost light a tight or pulled muscle.  also, my hip joint is sore.  feels painful.  Not very painful, but enough to notice.  Is there something else that can cause this?  I'm in my early 30's and fairly healthy.  The STD path is not it as tests have come back negative repeatedly.  Three doctors have no called this epididymitis.  Two have referred to it as possibly viral as opposed to bacterial.  I have an appointment with a urologist but it takes a month and a half to get to see him.  Anyone have any clue what could be causing the testicle/epididymis pain and also the lump and pain in the groin that they think is a swollen lymph node?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
Thanks for posting your query.
This swollen lump in the groin can be due to a swollen lymph node or even the possibility of inguinal hernia needs evaluation. The possibility of chronic epididymitis is there which may be causing swollen lymph node. The main symptom of an inguinal hernia is a bulge in the groin or scrotum. It often feels like a round lump and may appear as a bulge with or without pain.
First of all get a Doppler ultrasound of the testicles done. Then other tests which may be needed are microscopy and culture of a first void urine sample, Gram stain and culture of fluid or a swab from the urethra, nucleic acid amplification tests (to amplify and detect microbial DNA or other nucleic acids) and FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy).
Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.