Urology Community

smelly urine

i recently noticed my urine is very smelly. It doesnt burn, but do itch a little but most of all it smells. i am married and have a 7 month old son. what could be the cause of this smell? i tried using eve's clothes, and other women product's. i do take 2 shower's a day so I'm a VERY clean person. Just would like to know what this is! thanks

Are you lactating?
If yes, how much is your fluid intake per day?

It is possible that you are not drinking as much fluid as is required for your physiological state and that might explain the odor in urine and you may even have high-colored urine.

It is also possible that you have a fungal infection.

You will need to keep your fluid intake over 3500 ml per day if you are lactating and will need to pass urine more frequently - once every 3 hours or so.

Increasing intake of citrus fruits can also help combat any infection and will boost mucosal integrity.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.

Regards
I am not lactating. I stopped breast beeding when he was 1 month old. I do have kidney stones. Would that be the cause? Like I said before, it doesn't burn to pee just itches a little and smell's. Thank You so much

You might also have an infection the symptoms of which have been suppressed due to some of the hormone effects following pregnancy and parturition.

You will need to have a urinalysis done as well as consult your ob/gyn to rule out any infection of the reproductive tract.

Kidney stones are a problem that get aggravated during pregnancy due to the higher levels of progesterone.

Taking plenty of fluids will help avoid developing further stones and infections.

Addind citrus fruits and cranberry juice to your diet can also help treat a mild infection naturally.

Regards