Urology Community

stonogram

I just had a ct scan and this is the result. Calcific density in the righ lower pole measuring 0.5 x 0.3 cm with a ct density 0f +447hu. Another faint calcific density is seen in the right upper pole measuring 0.2 cm.

Impression:

Non obstructing cyst nephrolithisis, right
Renal cortical cyst, Left

Can you help me what this means.
The reports are suggestive of kidney stones. Kidney stones are of four types: calcium oxalate stones, struvite stones, uric acid stones or cystine stones.

Potassium citrate is used for the treatment of stones. I would suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist to determine the type of stone. Treatment modes include Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithrotripsy (ESWL), uteroscopic stone removal and percutaneoud nephrolithotomy but it depends on the size of the stone.

If the size of the stone is small, it’s usually treated with ESWL in which shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I had a CT stonogram and got this result:

Incidental note: Unfused spinous process of L5 and bone island in the right femoral.

Could you please tell me what does it mean?

Thanks!