Urology Community

talk about pain ......omg!

A couple of days ago I felt symptoms associated with Urinary Tract Infection; painful urination, increased pressure and extreme pain inside pelvic area and bladder caused by urinating, frequent need to urinate. But it went away quickly. A day or so later (now), it has rapidly returned. All the same symptoms, just more intense. In addition, I am spotting now. The more intense the internal pain is during urination, the more the spotting is. These two symptoms  are hand in hand. If the pain is shorter, the spotting is less. If the pain duration is longer, increased spotting. I have on experienced a UTI one other possible time, about a year ago but there wasn't any spotting then.
Can I get descent results from a home test kit from the local drug store?

I would recommend that you have this evaluated by your doctor. Aside from urinalysis, an ultrasound may be done to check if there are stones present. The spotting may be hematuria or blood in the urine. Other causes such as kidney infections, kidney disease; kidney injury; or  inherited disorders such as sickle cell anemia may also need to be ruled out.  Home test kits are not advisable at this point. A complete physical as well as pelvic examination may need to be done to reach a diagnosis.

Take care and keep us posted.
Dr. Santos is right!
  Though it could just be a UTI or even interstitial cystitis, blood in the urine that you can see with the naked eye should always be checked out!  Truthfully, your uro can do an cysto right in the office and this should at least give you peace of mind!

Shelly
Patient with Interstitial Cystitis
Meduallary Sponge kidney disease with mulitple stones and chronic infection