Urology Community

tender aching left testicle and severe lower back pain

My testicle has been hurting for several months and lately is worsening. I will ask my Urologist this week but perhaps others have oar have had a similar problem?

Secondly, I have severe lower back pain and take pain killers. I tried heat and even cold packs, but the pain is always there. I am told that a UTI can cause the pain but why is it always present?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The pain can be due to nerve compression or due to kidney stones. Compression of spinal nerves in the lumbar region can cause low backache with pain referred to testicles and so can kidney stones. Pain in testicle could also be due to infection, like prostatitis, epididymitis or orchitis, varicocele or spermatocele. Get a culture sensitivity test for both semen and urine done. You may need a MRI of lumbar spine region, ultrasound of abdomen and testicles.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!