Urology Community

testicle pain

Hi i am 25 years old and over the past few days ive noticed that my testicles and lower part of stomach hurt. just mild pain, nothing that i cant handle, its just more uncomfortable. especially when i  touch my testicles.... I did a self examination and found no lumps, no swelling, i dont have fever or feel nauseated. I have been siting around alot lately due to being unemployed, so maybe i have sit on them the wrong way?? feels better when i am walking around. What could this be??? i do recall my younger brother and i were messing around and he punched me down there, but that was like 1 week ago, i would have thought the pain would have passed by now??.... I have done reasearch and it all comes up with some kind of cancer or surgeory needed.. Cant you have sore testicles without some major problem??? call me stupid but we all have sore backs or necks and usually goes away within a few days to a week, so am i to worry??? Please give me some answers to help make me feel better. thanks!!
There are many reasons of testicular pain and injury to the testicles is one of the reasons for the testicular pain. Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old, excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones. You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a urologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks doctor for the information, it really helped alot.. i will try some of your home remedies