Urology Community

testicle

Hi my left testicle hurts and the pain stops and starts ive had it for almost a day. why is this
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is no swelling or inflammation or redness of the scrotal sacs, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis are rare. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.

Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.My advise would be to consult a urologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

its probaly injury because the day before i got hit really hard in hockey on my left side of my hip and landed wiered
You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a urologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.