Urology Forum

tingling scrotum

I have had a tingling sensation under my scrotum for the last 7 weeks.  I had a mutual masterbation experience with another man who also licked my testicals while in a bath house.  Three days later i noticed some tingling in my groin.  After about 2 weeks the bottom of my legs and top of my feet started tingling pins and needles.  this lasted about 2 weeks then subsided.  I have had a lot of twitching in my legs since then with constant tingling under my scrotum.  No outbreaks or discharge or pan when urinating.
I had STD test that came up negative.  Doctor did test for MS came back clear.  Had a herpes 2 test at 5 weeks came back neg.
Is this herpes or some other STD?
Is it anxiety - I have been very stressed about this -thinking about it all the time
Is it some kind of infection?
or something neurological?
thank you for the help
I would consider things like prostatitis or epididymitis.  This can be evaluated via a digital rectal exam as well as an ultrasound of the scrotum.  Imaging of the prostate can be done via a transrectal ultrasound (i.e. to look for a prostatic abscess).

Tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia can be considered, as well as a urinalysis.  

If infection has been ruled out, you can consider a urology or neurology referral for further evaluation.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
A related discussion, prostatitis? was started.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.