Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

top of left testicle pain

Hi, im going to costa rica soon and ive got a pain im really worried about. About 5 days ago, i woke up to find the top of the left testicle hurts, specifically where all the cords are. It kind of hurts and feels very uncomfortable when i sit down. i dont know what it is?? im really worried and apart from itching next to the testicles, i dont think ive got any other symptoms, could it just be a knock or something worse?? what sort of treatment and actions best?

Thanks
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hello friend. are you cured ?
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for the helpful information. i went to the doctors and he believes its epididymitis and I have began taking antibiotics. They appear to be working well, or perhaps its the ibuprofen ;) but thank you anyway.

Kindly.
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

It is possible that you have developed epididymitis. This is an inflammation of the epididymis, which is the coiled tube you can feel at the top of the testes.

Epididymitis can occur in response to bacterial or viral infection, trauma, or chemical insults.

It would be best to have an evaluation done and start a course of antibiotics that can help clear up any infection, if present.

Elevation of the scrotum and sitting in a hot bath for 10-15 min twice daily can help relieve the symptoms and speed up healing.

Though the infection will clear up with the completion of the course of antibiotic, the symptoms may take a little longer to go away.

Meanwhile,
Avoid strenuous physical activity.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
Wear comfortable underwear.
Do not sit for prolonged periods of time.
Drink at least 2000 ml of fluids.
Increase intake of vitamin C-rich foods and fruits.

Rest in the first 48 hours with scrotal elevation is know to improve symptoms significantly.
Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.