Urology Community

urine

my urine smells like ammonia and i am always thirsty and my underwera is dark in color from my urine
Ammonia smell in urine could be due to bacterial infection in the urinary tract without regular symptoms of UTI, dehydration, consumption of red meat or high protein foods.
I think you should consult your doctor and get the urine examined for infection, ketones etc.

You may also need to get a urine culture done. Frequent urination can also be due to urine infection or kindey conditions and diabetes. Your blood sugar levels also need to be checked. Hope this helps.