MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

urinolgy

I have had too many UTI for past two years and now I have bladder polyps. Doctor has prescribe me antibutic for 3 months, is it a good solution to take care of my polyps.

Thanks,
Narcis
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Thanks for keeping me posted.
Squamous cells are present in the urine if it is not a clean catch. Theses cells generally come from the skin. If they are atypical or large, then only their presence means it is squamous cell carcinoma. Squamous cells in the bladder are thin, flat cells that may form in the bladder after long-term infection or irritation like UTI or stone.

Burning pain, unable to hold urine, pain in flanks can all be a very bad case of infection or stone. However the possibility of cancer cannot be ruled out, especially since polyps have been detected in your bladder.  I am sorry to hear about your brother. If you have a strong family history, you should be aggressive in diagnosis and investigation. Please do not panic. Let us see what the specialist says. If cancer is detected on time, it is curable.
  Do let me know if there is any thing else you want to know and please keep me posted. Take care!
Helpful - 0
to doc;
      i have been having uti s for over two years, there is a strong family history of cancer. I have had a urine test with squamous cells 20-50[ZTF] what ever that means?
I looked up what squamous means and my dr never addressed this , I have burning, pain, pain in my flank when i lay on my back (not bad) can not hold my pee, have had blood in urine,  stones, also I have H pylori that will not go away not matter what we do to treat it with . I dont know if that could have any thing to do with any thing . I do have an appoinment with a specalist on the 17th. I am scared! My younger brother died of prostate cancer last month. help
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the post!
Bladder polyps are usually bladder cancers, cauliflower like growths protruding into the lumen of the bladder. Yes, you must take them seriously and get them treated as advised by your urologist. Even if they are benign, they should be removed because they can become cancerous in future.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community