Avatar universal

varicocele in my left testical

I was having bubbling sensation in my balls , then i checked my balls and felt a third thing in it, i got  an umtrasound done and found out that i have a grade 3 varicocele , I have no pain or discomfort, just the constant bubbling, my doctor said I need a surgery. But i wanna avoid surgery, are there any other ways or should i get a surgery done
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
20620809 tn?1504362969
Hm.  I wouldn't think if you had no discomfort, pain or weren't trying to father a child that you could leave it. Varicocele repair is an option but plenty of people leave it alone too. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/varicocele/symptoms-causes/syc-20378771  Why does the doctor recommend surgery for you? A grade 3 varicocele can lead to low sperm count so is a fertility issue.  Is that something you'd be concerned with? Is the bubbling sensation irritating enough to want to repair it? Typically with a grade 3, you have visible deformity in the scrotum.  Ever notice anything? So, I'd want to know why the doctor recommends it and if you can wait to see if it impacts you more.  No one wants surgery. But if you deem it should be done through your doctor, I'd consider it safe.  Just watch for the complications they warn you about.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.