Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Forum

Vaginal burning & pain during attempted intercourse

I had vaginal mesh-surgical repair more than 2 years ago & have been to 4 OB-Gyn specialists for the chronic vaginal pain & burning during attempted intercourse.  None of the medications or treatments have solved the problem. I suspect nerve damage in the vaginal wall & wonder if a nureologist would be able to help with the problem.  If not, what other options do I have?
Sorry to read of your problem.  It the burning and pain is at the entrance to the vagina, the condition is more consistent with Vestibulitis or Vulvadynia and is not related to the mesh.  "Nerve damage" would be an unusual complication with vaginal mesh and most often nerve pain from the placement is in the buttocks region.  I would suggest you see a urogynecologist that does a lot of mesh work for a second opinion.