Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Forum

Pain during sex and going to the bathroom

I have been trying to get insurance to that I can go through the removal process. My question is when I go to the bathroom I have pain in my anus and vagina. This has been going on about 4 weeks after my surgery which was in Sept. 2011. Would  the Mesh be affecting my colon? I also leak slimy fluid from there which I never did before my surgery. when I cough I tinkle more now than I did before. What are your thoughts to this? I have been trying for a year now to get insurance like medicaid because my husband is unemployed. I am tired of being turned down. My depression is so bad, I wish a lot of times that i was dead so that I would not have to deal with the pain. I have a grandson that keeps me from doing anything stupid. I just hope you can answer my question or at least point me in the right direction.  
Sorry to read a problem. I would suggest that you consider seeking help at a university setting if one is available in your area.  They may be able to provide assistance to you given that you do not have insurance. It is possible that your surgery could be causing some problems. However, it is also possible that something else is going on. Without a work up is impossible to tell.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD