Varicose Deep Dorsal Vein

Hi there. I am 24 years old, and since I was about 14 or 15, I have had this large bulging vein on the top side of my shaft. It is very noticeable, especially upon standing, and bends around into a bulge similar to a golf club. I have found that it is the Deep Dorsal Vein, because if I press down on it with light pressure, my glans will inflate and then deflate on releasing. It moves about quite freely under the skin, but doesn't seem to cause me any pain when I touch it. I have had sex without problems, however I feel that one day I may have vigorous sex and cause damage to it, releasing a lot of blood under my skin. I also worry that blood is pooling inside the vein and could cause blood clots (DVT and other clotting issues have been in my family). I have searched the internet but have never seen a picture or read anything that is in any way related to this. Occasionally I will feel the odd tingle sensation that is rather uncomfortable in my penis, but touching it doesn't cause pain.

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, I couldn't see anywhere that was better suited.
It can be a penile varicose vein. However the other possibility of Mondor’s disease needs to be ruled out. It is superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis. This is an inflammatory reaction to a clot within the vein. This subsequently causes blockages and dilation of the vein. It is typically painless, but can be painful. In studies, patients were noted to have thrombophlebitis after a prolonged sexual act with or without intercourse. It was described as cord-like thickening of the superficial penile veins.

Diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi there, when I pluck up the courage I will bring it up with my doctor as I feel that I also need a circumcision. I don't think it is a blood clot as when I lay down, the vein is almost invisible, unless I put pressure on the vein, and then the build up behind it will make the vein inflate - I can also feel pressure inside my glans, which means that this vein is the deep dorsal vein, and I do not believe there is currently a clot involved. When I stand up the vein immediately inflates to full size, which leads me to believe the vein and the valves inside have been damaged somehow, whether through sexual activity or trauma. I have heard about deep dorsal vein embedding, which is usually a treatment for a condition known as "soft glans", and feel it may be beneficial to me if it can flatten the vein so it does not interfere with intercourse, and not have stagnant blood remain sitting in the vein for long periods.
I know I am very very late, but I have been doing some searching and this is the closest to my predicament. I am curious as to if you also have experienced hard flaccids. Also, I was curious if you have had any progress or better information concerning your situation
Hi, I don't know if you found any information but I also have a "varisoce superficial dorsal vein" and other smaller veins too.

I also suffered from hard flaccid in the last months and it went away after 2 months but now that I start exercising (walking) a little more, the hard flaccid seems to come back.

I also almost always have a feeling that I need to pee, is it your case too?

You are reading content posted in the Varicose Veins Community

Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else