Vitamin D Community
281 Members

Is taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day safe? Worried about hypercalcemia

I just read that high dosages of Vit D can lead to too much calcium building up in the blood and being deposited in soft tissues. Is a dose of 10,000 IU a day too high? Would you suggest taking Vitamin K2 along with it in order to prevent too much calcium building up in the blood and send it to the bones?
Is there a valid medical or environmental (e.g. living in the Arctic circle) reason for taking 10 times the recommended dosage? If yes, please discuss with your doctor. If not, cut back the dosage
Why take so much D3 daily?
I would take less, like 5000 IU max along with K2 to ensure proper calcium delivery to the bones, joints and teeth.
Cheers,
Niko