Vitamin D Community
278 Members
vitamin d help please
Hi i am 32 year old female. My gp is currently treating me for fobromyalgia and im waiting fir referral to rheumatology. During my recent blood tests i have been found to have low level of vitamin d. I have been prescibed 50 000 units once a week for 6 weeks. Can you tell me if this disage means my level of vitamin d is really low or nothing to worry about please
Vitamin D deficiency symptoms can mimic fibromyalgia and cause bone pain actually.  I would request all lab results so you can see what is going going on. Optimal vitamin D level is 100 - 150 nmol/L (40 - 60 ng/ml).