Vitamins & Supplements Community
376 Members

I am trying to identify a white pill that I found in my sons backpack.

It is oval shaped and has light blue dots mixed in. It is blank on one side, and then it is scored on the other R |159. I have never seen it before, and it doesn't match any over the counter medicine that we would have at home. I have been trying to look it up online but I am getting no results. I dont want to ask him about it yet until I know exactly what it is. I am hoping that someone might know?
The closest I come is A 159 with matching shape and colors.  It's phentermine, a type of speed used for weight loss (not effectively for long-term results).  This was part of the controversial phen fen a few years ago.  If you take enough of it, you could get a buzz off of it if that's what it is.  R 59, on the other hand, is lorazepam, a benzo.  You could get a buzz off that, too, very sedating relaxant.  
Know any pharmacists?  You could take it in and ask.  You don't have to say where it came from.  But I think I'd be concerned about finding pills in my son's backpack.  :-((