Vitamins & Supplements Community
356 Members

Vitamin C for iron absorption

Do you take a Vitamin C supplement to help with the absorption of iron? If so, how much Vitamin C to how much iron do you take?

I just learned that the liquid iron supplement Floravit I have been taking for several months only has trace amounts of vitamin C. I do eat some foods that contain both iron and vitamin C daily. I also discovered recently that I haven't been taking enough iron supplement to boost my reduced iron stores.

I can provide ferretin results and results of 1 iron panel if you're interested in my numbers.

Please note I am a vegetarian with hypothyroidism (unknown origin). I also post on the Thyroid Disorders forum.Thanks.