A
A
A
Close
Vitamins & Supplements Community
398 Members

Vitamin D Deficiency?

Hey there,

I am just curious about some symptoms I have. I recently strained my wrist, but also have been experiencing slight pain in other joints and general body pains. I'm fatigued and somewhat dizzy. I've also been quite depressed, though I may need to up my intake of iron in that case. I had stopped taking vitamins for a time (my head was in the clouds, you could say) and just began again today. Are these symptoms of a vitamin or mineral deficiency? I can't see the doctor until next week.

Thanks!
5 Responses
I also a a 22 year old female with functional dyspepsia.
I also have shortness of breath!
I too faced the same problem and went to doctor, she asked me to go for D4 level test (25-hydroxy vitamin D test), the result was 4 (ng/mL), she prescribed me uprise d3 60k IU capsules.  My advice is for you to consult a Physician
enjoy the sun! ;D
14006886 tn?1432485730
Yes, the problems you are experiencing indicate that you have vitamin deficiencies. Pain in joints and weak bones are often an indication of vitamin D deficiency, an important vitamin a deficiency of which often results in osteoporosis and osteomalacia, increasing the chances for people to suffer from skeletal pains. So I would suggest you consult a doctor immediately and get some vitamin D supplements. Since you are feeling fatigued, you may also have B12 deficiency. So from now on you must eat foods rich in this vital nutrient or take supplements. Thanks.  
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.