vitamin k2

anyone know if vitamin k2, not k1, has any negative effects on platelets ie thicken the blood, increase platelet aggregation or interact with aspirin that I take for coronary artery disease?

Vitamin K2 is an important fat-soluble vitamin that plays critical roles in protecting your heart and brain, and building strong bones. It also plays an important role in cancer protection
The biological role of vitamin K2 is to help move calcium into the proper areas in your body, such as your bones and teeth. It also helps remove calcium from areas where it shouldn’t be, such as in your arteries and soft tissues
The optimal amounts of vitamin K2 are still under investigation, but it seems likely that 180 to 200 micrograms of vitamin K2 might be enough to activate your body’s K2-dependent proteins to shuttle calcium to the proper areas
If you take oral vitamin D, you also need to take vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 deficiency is actually what produces the symptoms of vitamin D toxicity, which includes inappropriate calcification that can lead to hardening of your arteries
If you take a calcium supplement, it’s important to maintain the proper balance between calcium, vitamin K2, vitamin D, and magnesium. Lack of balance between these nutrients is why calcium supplements have become associated with increased risk of heart attack and stroke

Vitamin k is a coenzyme in the liver that is involved in production of clotting factors ii, vii, ix and x as well as protein c and s. These are all involved in pro-coagulatory processes except for protein c and s.

Vitamin K is required for gamma-carboxylation of glutamic acid in the clotting factors. Too little vit. K makes you unable to make the clotting factors. This is basically how warfarin works. But clotting factors are tightly regulated, and taking a vit. K supplement if you're not deficient will have no effect on clotting. ..

thanks for the detailed overview of k2 and k. I know what the benefits are but wanted to know if k2 supplementation has any negative effects on platelet aggregation  or any interaction with aspirin which I use daily due to coronary artery disease. I have heard conflicting info on this.
Have you found an answer to your question about Vitamin K2 and platelets? I too have the same question, particularly since I have elevated platelets.
Sorry for the duplicate entry!
Vitamin K controls the formation of coagulants in the blood!
Vitamin K can adversely affect blood thinners because it helps your blood to clot.  You should talk to your doctor before starting a new supplementing that may interact with your medication(s).