Aa
A
A
A
Close
Vocal Cord Paralysis Community
25 Members

How do you cope and how to cope?

So I have Unilateral vocal cord paralysis. I have had it since I was a baby because of a operation. I have had a operation since then to improve it.  (Permanent  implant )  and voice therapy. It has improved a bit. I was wondering how to cope with it as people are always asking me to speak up or if I have a cold or making hurtful comments. So how do you cope when people ask you about your voice  and how do you cope in life general with it. Please share your experiences. Any advice . Thanks.
1 Responses
Hi shygirl2015 I'm dealing with similar issue. I have vocal cord damage from a car accident I was in, the shame is it wasn't the car accidents fault it was the doctors. They put an adult breathing tube instead of a child size one because I was only 12. I know what it feels like the constant questions harmful words and unsure stares. I would really just like to be able to talk to someone and maybe we could coach each other through the hard stuff. If you'd like to talk my emails ***@****
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.