Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Community
73 Members

Ibrutinib

I received Velcade/Rituxan/Dex in 8/2011 as my chemo regimen.  It looks like I will be going on maintenance. I need some feed-back, please, on the new drug.
I am a steroid-responder and therefore can't take steroids (which I know DEX is) as they cause an increase in my eye pressure (IOP) which my eye surgeon says is detrimental to my vision since I have had cormeal transplants and the pressure can cause rejection
What are some of the pivotal issues regarding my eligibility?
Thanks for any input.

Paulette
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment