Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members

Acai Weight Loss + Nature's Power Cleanse

I am a 56 year old woman, in fair shape, do have issues with blood pressure and chloresterol, anxiety and am a smoker ~ 2 packs a day.....

My question is:  What information do you have about the Acai Weight Loss + Nature's Power Cleanse diet?  I am about 40-50 pounds overweight and am quite sure that if I were to lose this weight my othere health issues would improve dramtically.  I take a number of medications a day for my health issues and I know your very sound advice would be to contact my primary physician which I will do, very hard to get an appointment with and cannot speak with on the phone as she is extremely busy.  However, if you have any information on whether or not these products would conflict with my current medications ~ THIS WOULD BE THE INFORMATION I AM MOST INTERESTED IN.  Thank you for you time and what information you could share with me.  EVOZZIE
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
We do not recommend the use of most weight loss aids.  The majority of them don't work and if you do get lucky enough to lose weight on them, most likely you will gain it all back (+ some) as soon as you stop taking the pills. For the most part, they are a waste of $.

Alli is the only OTC weight loss aid that is approved as both safe and effective by the FDA.  

Without knowing what meds you take, it would be impossible to say whether or not the products you mentioned would conflict with your current med.  

The safest, most effective, permanent weight loss can be achieved via healthy diet and moderate exercise, which will allow you to make actual "lifestyle" changes, that you can sustain for the long haul.  

I might also recommend that you get an appointment to have your thyroid levels tested.  Hypothyroidism can contribute to/cause high cholesterol and anxiety.  

Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.