A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members
703362 tn?1427769928

CHALLENGE POST - Exercise

The exercise that I would like to talk about today is called "Plank".  It requires no equipment, not a lot of time, and you don't have to be at a gym to perform it.  Looks quite easy, but looks can definitely be deceiving....I would like for you all to give it a try and tell me how you did.  

Plank Exercise (see photo above):

Works:  Core
How To:  Assume a push-up position, then rest your forearms on the ground and hold for 30 seconds.  Repeat as tolerated.  
16 Responses
483733 tn?1326802046
I will have to pass on this one due to my shoulder tendonosis.  I did get on the eliptical and do some floor exercises and jogging in place after I saw Kirsten's Biggest Loser pictures.  So inspiring!
703362 tn?1427769928
Can't say that I blame you Trudie.  Always best to pay attention to your body and avoid aggravating any ongoing conditions.  Should tendinosis has got to be uncomfortable enough as it is.  

Performed three of these planks myself after my treadmill workout.  Whew!  Somebody remind me to keep the strength training on the off days from running.  My goodness my aching abs!  LOL!  
362249 tn?1441318618
i did read your post but i read wrong lol!! And i did the side planks so my badd! i will attempt that one 2morrow!! Maybe it stills counts, i know the plank is a very hard work out!! good job thnx for posting a great workout!!
703362 tn?1427769928
You bet side planks count!  Rock on Lady!  ; )  
362249 tn?1441318618
Great TY! i can only do it on my wii fit though i tried with out the board its alot tougher! but on the game its push up and side plank! pretty hard i did 10 reps and got a 95%! i missed a pushup lol!
Oh..... my...... word.....

I did it for about 15 seconds, twice. I'm so doing those whenever I can!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.