Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members

Diabetes & weight loss

Both my husband (82 years)and I (76 years) have Type Two Diabetes, since January 2001, he is a 'heart patient, is on prescribed "cardiac cocktail" -constantly complains, "no energy, don't feel like doing anything.";  I have advanced arthritis (1972); in the last 4 years I've had a colon re-section and four knee surgeries, including two arthroscopic and two Knee-joint replacements. We are weight conscious, as a rule breakfast is coffee w/ one tsp. sugar & one Tblspn. 1/2&1/2, toast (dry) with sugar-free jelly/jam, and two slices bacon;  a vegetable salad w/ 1 Tbs. dressing, and a moderate meal daily = veggies, fruit, lean meat, small desert, and very little exercise  = twice each week I do a 1-hour aquatic exercise and may walk .25 mile abut twice a week. While we both have stopped gaining weight, we are 25+ pounds overweight, our weight consistently 'rocks' within 5 pounds. Have you any suggestions, what else can we do?
1 Responses
616227 tn?1251079998
Hi!

Are you using a food journal? Having a food jouranl and counting calories will cetainly help you undestand how much calories you are consuming everyday. It also helps you identify which food you shud avoid. Try using Calorieking.com to calculate calories.

Also is there way that both of you can atleast walk for 10- 15 everyday ?

Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.