Weight Loss & Dieting Community

Dream Believe Achieve Challenge 2009

Bring On The New Year! It's Going To Be A Fantastic 2009 for All of us thanks to the
Year Long Weight loss Challenge at MedHelp! Fun, Friendship, Learning and Support are hallmarks of our weight loss community so let's rally together to make the year ahead a memorable one!

Let me remind you that losing weight is no walk in the park; yes there will be difficult times but you are not going to be alone in this venture.  It's going to be a team effort where you will find courage and hope even when are ready to give up. This community will be here to uphold you and we’ll share laughter and tears along the way.  

Realizing your dreams is always a magical moment and a wonderful fulfillment when you reach first one goal and then another.  We want you to be a part of our community success, so join us and let's fight and win the battles together.

At MedHelp we realize the importance of team work and that's why we’ll be hosting a variety of events throughout the year .. and these are some of the things you can look forward to in the new year.

Articles
Motivational Mondays
Success Stories
Sunday Weigh-ins
Exercises
Trackers
Recipes
Q&A’s
Polls
Games
Live Chats
Tag
Badges
Special Events
Health Pages
And More!

We've prepared some Challenge Information located at http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Weight-Loss/Dream-Believe-Achieve-Challenge-Information/show/543?cid=129 that will hopefully answer most of the questions you have.  It will also provide you with some instructions regarding communication, live chats, trackers, weight loss & nutrition myths, etc.  If you have any additional questions, please start a post in the community and we'll be glad to provide you with further information.

We want to hear from you and keep you engaged .. whether you’re succeeding or
failing .. as this community can help you overcome the obstacles and lose weight in a
healthy and successful manner.  It is not done overnight; it takes time.  So .. shout out either way .. with success and with struggles .. and together we’ll do this together!

This year we will see who wins the battle and I can promise, there will be no half measures!

Sign up below .. and let us welcome you!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm definitely struggling, but I will be along with you for 2009.  I'm the eternal optimist and I know it's just gotta get better!!  Happy New Year to all.  
I have lost 25 pounds in 6 months, and wanna hit it that much harder in 2009! I am with ya!
I am usually the silent reader that keeps to herself.  A little shy sometimes sort of and other times out spoken.  LOL  My husband and I have made a pack to work out together this year.  He has many health issues and with me I think it is thyroid related and possible Fibro (pain) issues.  I one of us happens to fail I'm hoping that the other one will stay strong until the other is ready to step back up to the plate.  If that makes any since.  LOL

Two years ago I took phentermine (spell check) and within 3 months lost 50 pounds.  I was tickled pink. ;-)   Within 6 months I gained it all back.  :-(  I was so very down.....
....This year I'm not even going to try to loose pounds.  If I can just turn the fat into muscle and go down a size or two I will be happy.  

Best wishes to everyone on whatever their goal may be in putting one step in front of the other threw out the many new years to come.  
Jan. 1st is great for setting new goals; but, I've found that sometimes it's easier to make a new goal every couple of weeks instead due to some health issues.   It also helps with getting too down on yourself when walking upstairs is hard.

I decided this year I'm going to get the big boots out though to give my self a good kick in the rear every time I slack.  LOL  

Thanks for the invite....Amy.
I will be along for the ride!  I've lost 17 pounds over the last 6 months and am determined to lose another 25 by healthy eating and exercise.  Thank you to everyone here for your friendship and support!
Hi!  I have gained so much weight this year ~ and have been actively trying to get preggers but not successful yet.  (I have stopped exercising much, and taking all these fertility meds have caused me to blow up like a balloon.)  After the first of the year I hope to start excercising more and hopefully lose 15 pounds or so.  Hopefully i will find some motivation from this site.  I hear losing weight works wonders for fertility.
I am here and on board!! im struggling too but the weight has started to shed and my body is really look great!!
35mom...-I am in the same boat i was on the fertility forum and was forced to stop TTC when i got some bad test results so i stopped trying and started exercising and i feel lots better!! i was taking fertility vitamins vitex,damiana,and siberian ginseng all to no avail of course but i sure gained an extra 10 lbs in one year trying so now im trying to get that weight off!! GL 2 U! U can do it!!