Weight Loss & Dieting Community

First time dieting, some questionmarks.

Greetings everyone, i am 18 year old male, 175 cm, 95 kg. A few hours ago i have found this app called "My Diet Diary" and i gave it a try, thought it would erase some question marks about dieting i have, even though the daily calory budget and meal calory calculating are very helpful, (for example) I don't even know if the calories shown in calory budget are necessary for me to gain in a day, or simply if i have less calories than it says i win?

That was question 1, 2 is, I try to eat 3 meals which are definitely not fast food, mainly cereals, sandwiches with tomato, cucumbers, cheese, and random dinner every day (and 2-3 times minor snacks, almonds, nuts, apples, banana etc.) with fixed hours if possible, but a friend of mine said that i wasnt used to such diet, (before this idea i always ate what i wanted and mostly unhealthy food including a lot of snacks) and anytime i felt hungry, i should simply eat apples, bananas, etc. because a "direct" pass into strict diet was unhealthy and the body would deposit the food i ate as fat because it would think i was starving and that would not help me, is this true?

Third and last question is related to first one actually, but i'll ask anywyay: Is the idea of "minimum calories i can get in a day" unhealthy or somehow damaging for me? Regardlesds of the daily calory budget?

I appreciate your help and time, these are major questionmarks in my head and would relieve me greatly if answered accurately, I do apologize if i wasn't clear enough, I tried my best.
Hi!
Your friend is right. Starvation and sudden drop in calories gives the body the wrong message. You must try and lose weight slowly. Before you drop calories, you must start eating healthy, the same portion size as you were doing earlier but on a healthier low calorie food. Then you must slowly start reducing the portion size. You should ideally stick to food you like but eat a healthier option of it. Cakes, pastries etc and other high calorie fried foods should be avoided.
In my opinion there are no minimum calories. Fats should be less than 25%, 15-20% would be ideal if you are losing weight. Also it should not be saturated fats. Carbs should be around 40-60 percent. Usually you need to stick to lower end of the percentage. You need to fill your plate with lots of green leafy vegetables, clear soups, lean cuts of meat (less than the veg portion), fish etc.
Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.