Weight Loss & Dieting Community

How does a CARB ADDICT lose weight

I need help here - I want to lose weight but all I hear about are how bad carbs are for you - Well that is ALL I eat - I don't know what to eat to lose weight - I'll help you out - I do NOT like or eat - Chicken, fish, turkey (ANY of the "healthier" meats)  I LOVE pasta, potatoes, pizza, taco's (all things "BAD" for you) - Is it possible for me (I am 34) to lose weight when these are the things I eat???  I have joined Curves - I hear good things and bad things about that place so I am confused about that too - I think I just overeat and then don't exercise so maybe that is the big problem LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess I just need some GOOD advice.   Thanks to all.    
The only thing that helps with a high carb diet is to exercise like crazy. Anything that builds up muscle mass because muscles just love carbs. And once you exercise, you will also crave fruit and vegetables and dairy to give your diet a healthier shift. Mind you, with muscles packed on you do not always lose weight in numbers but it helps to burn off any fatty deposits. I have no experience with Curves and used to be suspicious of it but anything that gets you started on exercise will be a good thing. I too love my pasta but really forced myself to keep portions small. And I happen to love fruits and vegetables.
Well the good news is, you can eat stuff like hamburger...just don't eat the bun. You can eat your tacos...corn tortillas are not that bad. It's the flour ones that have the most carbs. The main thing I would suggest if you DON'T want to cut out the carbs, is to cut down on the portions. If you normally eat 3 large pieces of pizza...eat two small pieces instead. If you normally eat 2 tacos, just eat one, etc. In other words...everything you're eating right now, cut it in half. Count your calorie intake. That should help. And yes...the other poster is right...EXERCISE is a MUST if you don't want to sacrifice the carbs. I've never gone to Curves, but it's a gym so that should help you out! Good luck!
What are good exercises that WON'T kill you????   I have a bad tailbone and ANYTHING on the floor hurts - Curves recommends 3 times a week at 30 min but what about the other 4 days???   This sucks LOL
Coincidentially, I too have had tailbone pain for as long as I can think and for quite a while even running caused a pinching pain. If you do not have that pain during walking and running, you can still find a lot of exercises at a gym that keep you in upright position. Probably no cycling but treadmill or stairs or push-ups. You can also go running or inline skating or swimming or even just rope jumping. Just get going on something you enjoy and the rest will follow. Don`t know how much weight you want to lose but exercise 3 times a week is really a good start.
Well, blondie.. sounds like you are just looking for excuses for not taking a little self discipline and self control.. it's not rocket science.. you either are willing to make the necessary changes in your life to get healthy or you are not.. eat less fat and sugar and CARBS!
Well, blondie.. sounds like you are just looking for excuses for not taking a little self discipline and self control.. it's not rocket science.. you either are willing to make the necessary changes in your life to get healthy or you are not.. eat less fat and sugar and YES, CARBS! and begin to just do something simple like walk every other day and work up.. you did not mention your age or weight, but it doesn't really matter .. I know 80 year old arthritics who walk every day so it's just a matter of persistance for us youngins... so.. quit whining and GET BUSY
sorry I posted part of that twice.... i'm kind of new at this
If you don't eat enough protien then you mineaswell not even work out. The thing is muscle weights more than fat and the more muscle you have the less fat you will have but muscle needs protien to survive and needs it every 3-4 hours. It does need carbs to rebuild your glycogin stores but not as much as you like to eat and also the fat you are intaking is NOT good for your heart and joints and other things but good fat like fish is GREAT. Have a cheat meal or a cheat day once a wekk to keep you sane.
Cheat days or cheat meals are a good idea...BUT, I actually found a way that worked out for me without having to break the diet. One day when I was so excited for my cheat meal, I thought to myself, "why am I being a pig? I'm rewarding myself with FOOD?!" This kinda made me mad at myself, so I started doing something different. For every week that I stayed on my diet without breaking it, I went and bought myself something. I'm not talking expensive, either. Like a new shirt or a pair of jeans for my shrinking body. Then you won't have to go buy a whole new wardrobe all at once, you'll be burning calories shopping, and you won't be adding extra calories by having your cheat meal! Just a suggestion.

Magnolia's post came across kind of harsh....HOWEVER, she brings up a good point: You're not going to lose weight and keep it off until you're ready to sacrifice. You have to be ready mentally in order to do it.
aruba had a good idea for a reward plan but you need to figure out a way to change up your diet or you will platue
I am not whining or making excuses - I don't LIKE anything - I can eat eggs for protein but the only meat I really eat is ground beef and that is IT - That is the most unhealthy one for you.   I don't know how else to get protein - I can't eat nuts either -  I love them but I think I am developing a slight allergy to them.   I have eaten pasta and carbs my whole life - If I liked other things I'd eat them - Don't get me wrong - I will eat healthy foods - I do like fruits and veggies - I LOVE salads but I am NOT a big meat eater and I AM a big carb eater.   I guess I just have to cut my portions in half like the first couple posters have said.   I just have to get the willpower to do it all - Thank you all for your help.  
Eat soy as a protien sorce like in your salad, I think they are called something mommas, they looka little like green peas. Drink protien shakes, eat protein bars you can find some real yummy ones. We like Lean body products. You can cook a lot of healthy things with ground beef and eggs (cut out the yolks). Have you ever tried ground turkey or chicken it tastes the same as beef to me. I did hear somewhere that there is a noodle that is good for you higher in protien or something like that. Maybe look into those thins. Go to a vegatarian restaurant or google find out about other protein sourses they use.

Good luck