Weight Loss & Dieting Community

I JUST JOINED THIS SITE AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT!

LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!
COMMUNITY LEADER
That's what we are all here for, how can we help you?  What are you doing to lose weight, so far?
Well I just started exercising today for about 30mins and I'm just eating less.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What type of exercises are you doing?  Do you go to a gym?  

What types of food do you eat?  Do you count calories?  

We have a great food diary here on Med Help that can help you keep your calorie intake in check.  We also have the weight and exercise trackers that are very useful.  
I dance, thats my exercise. No I don't count calories. I eat what I want when I'm hungry and stop when the hunger is gone.
this is nice but i cant dance what i can do o i missed dance............
COMMUNITY LEADER
Have you lost weight with your current program?  If so, how much?  How much more are you trying to lose?  

I used to dance, also - only in the privacy of my home, though, since I have the grace and rhythm of an elephant.  Are you a professional dancer?  
Yeah I already lost 15lbs in about a month and I'm trying to lose like around 60lbs.

I love dancing but no, I'm not a professional dancer, I wish!
What about you, what are you doing to lose weight?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Wow, 15 pounds in a month -- that's something to be proud of, but I hope you are doing it in a healthy manner - changing lifestyles (both food and exercise) works best because those are things you can sustain over long periods of time.  

I've had a real struggle with my weight loss because I was diagnosed with autoimmune thyroid disease a couple of years ago.  Now that I know more about that, I've realized that I've had thyroid issues for almost 20 yrs, but when my thyroid finally stopped working, I totally "ballooned"  --- I gained approximately 30 lbs in about 3 months and nothing I did would stop it.  I've struggled every since.

Currently, my main "weight attack" is through diet (no sugar or white bread; lots of protein, whole grains, veggies, low/no fat dairy, etc) because I have a grueling work schedule (10 hour days), plus an elderly aunt who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer; I am responsible for her care......  that leaves me with next to no time for exercise; AND I must say that my husband doesn't like my kind of music, so we always have the TV on rather than radio, cd, etc............

My work schedule will go back to 8 hr days, next month, then I will get back to either walking outside daily, the treadmill and/or my Wii Fit.  I also have a dvd that I dearly love -- it's called The Biggest Loser, Yoga for Weight Loss............it will kick your butt, but makes you feel so good afterward....

Don't know if you've ever tried yoga, but it's awesome exercise.  

Did you know that we currently have a "challenge" in progress to see who can lose the most weight (safely) in a week?  We recommend that you try to lose 1-2 lbs/week if you are doing it safely - some lose more, some of us aren't so lucky............You are welcome to join it, if you like.  

We have some wonderful people in our community, some who have lost a lot of weight, some who struggle like I do; some who have lost a lot of weight, but now struggle to lose more.............  we all stick together, because when it's all said and done, we're in the same boat.................

Keep up the good work and please feel free to join in any of the "discussions" that take place on the forum; particularly, the challenge............

Wow I don't think I can ever do that kind of diet that ur doing, the whole no sugar thing and no white bread is really hard for me. Plus I don't really like vegetables. I ate them for like a month cuz I had Anemia Iron Defficiency and now that I'm all better I really don't want to eat them. Its really hard for me to eat vegetables. I wish I could do the whone no sugar thing cuz I don't wanna get diabetes but its so hard.

I've never tried Yoga, but I have tried Pilates. I love working out to Zumba and sometimes do some belly dancing as well.

I think I might join the challenge, maybe that'll motivate me even more. Thanx so much for you help!
im not a veggie eater either gosh just the smell nauseates me! but you should look for low sugar or sugar free! i think it taste just as good like sweet tea man love that stuff well walmarts brand has a sugar free version its just as good and you dont have to worry about diabetes which i dont want either its running in my fam!
I'm a new member too - hope to see you around!
Yeah that's a really great idea. I'll have to tried that thanx!