A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members
579258 tn?1250652943

LIVE CHAT NOW 6 - 8 PM CST

Welcome to our LIVE Chat.  This is where we can ask questions, get answers and share information on weight loss, dieting, family, work and build our community and deepen our friendships.  Remember we're all in this together!

Thanks for coming .. so very glad you're here.  This reinforces your desire to succeed and your commitment to you and your teammates.  Way to go!!

Now, who wants to start us off????  

(((Hugs)))
Ranae
104 Responses
428506 tn?1296560999
Hi Ranae & Others!

Here's one:  Has anyone felt the need to start taking supplements?  Now that I eat less, I worry more about not getting all my vit/minerals!
483733 tn?1326802046
I was a very good girl when preparing for Hallowe'en.  We only had 2 kids last year so I bought 6 full size chocolate bars so I'd not have leftovers to get into.  Wouldn't you know that 6 kids came to the door.  My husband had my rush back to the store to get some candy.  I got a bag of small chocolate bars.  Well, we had a little red wine with dinner tonight so the will power is low, no more kids since and we've devoured most of that bag.  Bad, bad, bad...
483733 tn?1326802046
I take a good multi-vitamin every day.
579258 tn?1250652943
Have to share with you that I've been trapping wild animals who have located themselves in the crawl space of my home.  A friendly ground hog dug a hole and now this warm space is thought of as a wildlife mansion!  

Two raccoons, a ground hog and a possum (yesterday) later, they have safely been relocated to a wooded area by a lake, away from the road, about 40 minutes from here ... LOLLL .. it's never dull.

Munching on some popcorn and drinking some mango flavored cardamon spiced tea .. how about you?  

How's your day been?
579258 tn?1250652943
I take a multi-vitamin just to help make sure I meet my nutritional needs.  Only other supplement is Vitamin C when I feel a cold coming on.  How about you?
428506 tn?1296560999
I'm on EST, and the kids here are just getting started!  I bought lots of candy, but this is my 2nd year here and I gave everything out last year!
428506 tn?1296560999
I've been taking b12, but am thinking of adding a multi-vitamin.  Esp. with the cold (temperature and bug) coming up!
428506 tn?1296560999
Hey, that's an idea for another Q:  How to not overeat on those days when you are sick and in bed?  Sometimes if I'm sick I'm not hungry, but usually I am.  And it's so tempting if you're laid up.
579258 tn?1250652943
Red wine and chocolate, a nice combination ... now you just need to plan on doing a couple of extra workouts this week .. and ... realize you've indulged enough and not eat the rest .. lolll  

Glad you shared .. it happens to everyone.  What we seem to learn as we progress on this journey .. is that we can indulge now and then as long as we get back on track.  And .. we can also learn to implement portion control .. like 1 small candy bar and a small glass ... and then you can do that again in a week ... intuitive eating.

Glad you shared .. it happens to everyone.
483733 tn?1326802046
It's been a boring day.  It's been very slow at my company and since I work from home I've been exhausted trying to keep myself busy.  This is tough as boredom provides me with excuses to neglect my diet.  If I'm busy it is much easier.
579258 tn?1250652943
When sick and laid up .. try to have some chicken noodle soup put back as you can eat lots of it .. good on the calories and great for the cold.  Applesauce is another one and perhaps some whole wheat toast.  Perhaps some SF jello?  
428506 tn?1296560999
Working from home must make eating well more difficult.  Any tips for how you make it work?
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.