Weight Loss & Dieting Community

My Mum says I'm to skinny and need to maintain a weight but I disagree how can I lose more weight??? Plus could me losing weight be connected to my period being 3 weeks late??? Even if I'm not under weight???

My Mum told me this morning that Im getting to skinny and that I need to maintain a weight but I don't agree with her I need to lose 17lbs!!!! But the thing is I had lost 4lbs in 3 days 2 weeks ago and since then I have gained it all back I feel like a failure!!!! I am 5 foot 10 and 150lbs :( I want to be 132 because that's the lowest I can go for my hight. But really I don't care if have to go a few pounds or as many as needed to have a flat stumic. How can I lose weight if my Mum trys to make me eat more??? Right now I usualy eat half a plate for dinner I wish I could eat as little as I did last week a small peace of chicken about the size of my palm and a hot dog and sadly a pop!!!! I am also doing a exersise every other night to tone everything up and build mussel!!!!

And also since last night when I turned just my torso around I got a sharp pain in the left side of my stumic it only lasted a second but it came backtoday whyle I was bathing for a few minutes off and on could that be connected to meosing weight???
Plus my period is 3 weeks late could that be caused by losing weight??? Even though I'm not under weight???
That pain I have felt before. It might just be constipation, and eating more fiber will help, may I say that hot dogs are one of the worst things for you? They're fine once in awhile but more than one a week is too many. Well seeing that your droping weight fast can cause periods to be lost. It's might not be that and missing a period ussaly dosent mean anything. Although if you don't get it again then you have lost it. Don't feel bad about that. I've lost mine and I've been eating more for about 2 months and I still hVent had it. Today I thought I was getting cramps, and I was so happy that I might have my period (lol same time hating it for now exactly being prepared) but the. I relized I was just hungry. :( it should come back but it will take awhile to regain it. Dint be concerned, and the pain in your stomach is mostly not from the loose.
130 sounds low for a 5'10 female, Bran Bran. Although suggested weight charts list 132-173 as an acceptable weight for a female your height, the lower end of this range is only for a person with small bone structure; someone with average bone structure should weight somewhere in the middle (just where you are) and someone with big bone structure should be closer to the upper end. I would strongly suggest that you ask your Mom to bring you to your doctor or a nutritionist. That way, if Mom is right, you'll have advice from an expert. But if you are right and you could afford to lose a few pounds, the specialist would be able to reassure your Mom of this so your Mom wouldn't nag you so much. I must say, however, that eating only half a plate---and especially the skimpy menu you listed for last week is NOT healthy. Do you mean that you ate a piece of chicken, hot dog and pop every day last week or was that ALL you had last week? If it is the former, it is not a sufficient diet in terms of nutrition or calories. If it is the latter, I think it would be a red flag raising the possibility of an eating disorder.

If you are underweight or exercise excessively, your periods can stop. The body needs a certain amount of fat and nutrition to make hormones that cause your period. You don't mention your age or whether you are sexually active. If you are sexually active, it is important to go to your doctor and have a test to ensure you are not pregnant.

As for your stomach & back pain. It is likely a muscle pull from your exercise routine, especially if you're doing sit-ups/crunches or twisting movements from the waist. As Libbey said, bowel issues can also cause belly & back pain as can urinary tract infections. In a young woman, however, a common cause of belly or back pain is ovarian cysts. If there is any chance you could be pregnant, an ectopic pregnancy (where the baby starts to form in your Fallopian tube instead of the womb) could cause these pains, too, though they are usually somewhat severe. Eventually an ectopic pregnancy will cause the tube to burst causing severe pain and bleeding; this can be lifethreatening. If there is any chance of you being pregnant, you MUST see your doctor immediately.

I strongly urge you to see your doctor, Bran. Even if there is no chance of pregnancy and the pain is just a muscle pull, it's important for you to determine your proper weight and learn healthy ways to achieve it. I don't want you to feel like a failure. Life is short and I want you to achieve happiness and pride in yourself. Good luck.
I am 16 a female and am not sexualy active I am virgen and waiting for marrige. So pregnancy is not at all possible.

And no the hot dog and peace of chicken was only one night and it was leftovers from the past 2 nights. I eat 2 meals every day and starting on Tuesday when I have to get earlyer for school I will be eating 3 meals again. Just right now by time I wake up it's 11 or noon so there's no point in having a brekfest and a lunch.  

And I deffently do not over exersise I will admit I am very lazy. Well it's not that I'm lazy more that there's nothing to do here and when I'm at home I usualy go to my to avoid everyone. So I don't get yelled at. Though when I am out with friends I am usualy the hyper one if given the chance.

A normal meal at my house consists of some sort of meat a veggie and patatos or side kicks or perogies. Though we haven't had side kicks In
months.

I only eat half a plate because I'm full and don't want to stretch my stumic and I know my family eats alot more than most people so I eat half a plate whyle everyone else in my house has a full plate and often seconds.  

And I don't plan on seeing my doctor because obvisly my Mum dosent agree with me trying to lose weight and there is somthing else I know I really need to see a doctor about but I won't tell my Mum about that because I'm almost positive she won't care or shell be mad!

And I can't see my eclxersise plan causing the pain though I guess it's possible. All I do in my exersise wich I do everyother night skipping Sundays is
First step
lay on my back breath in and whyle I breath out imagion myself pushing the top of my stumic to my belly button. I do this for 2 minutes and add 10 on every day I do it (not 10 minutes 10 breathing out thingys)

second step
Stand up and go down on one knee as if I were to be proposing to someone. Though I don't go completly down on my knee just enouph untill I feel the stretch the lower I got it works the but mussels the higher it works my thighs. Oh and I hold possition fo 10seconds and do this for 2 minutes and add more of these on after every week!

Third step
Get on my hands and knees. Put one leg out strait and lift it as high as I can and hold for 10 seconds then switch legs. I do 10 of these on each leg.

Forth step
Do the same as the last step but don't straiten leg  

That's my exersise plan. Though in October or novemeber the swim team will start up again at my school and I will join it again. I have been on the swim team for the past 2 years.  

I am moat deffently not under weight and I don't over exersise do I don't know why my period is 3 weeks late. I have had it befor this was just after having my period for a year were It was 2 months late  

I'm gonna say I think I'm a medium sized bone structer.
I just hate my stumic and want a flat stumic if you were to go and read my journal on here you will better understand why I want to lose weight.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi Bran_Bran, you're still trying to lose that tummy, huh?  

I think we've been through this before, but not eating isn't going to make your stomach flat; in fact, a well known symptom of malnutrition is a protruding tummy - just think of pictures of children you see from other countries who are starving and how their tummies stick out.

Not eating enough or not getting the right nutrients can cause your periods to be late or nonexistent. It can also cause stabbing pains.  

For someone your height with medium build, you are about the perfect weight.  I think you should be proud of yourself for being able to maintain your weight.

If you want to be healthier, why not try eating the meat and doubling up on those veggies at meal time (provided they aren't bathed in bacon grease or cream sauces).   and passing on the potatoes, unless they are baked.  Also ask your mum if you can have a variety of fruits and maybe some raw veggies (carrots, celery, lettuce, etc), as they will give you fiber and needed nutrients.  Make sure you get at least 3 servings of dairy - preferably low/no fat, but if the rest of the family drinks "regular" milk, just cut back on fat someplace else.  

Whatever you do, don't stop eating.

No I recize to stop eating. I dod for 2 days at the begging of the summer and after the first day it dident bother me at all the only reason I stoped was because o read somwere on the I ternet that it slows down your Matabelizm so I would just gain weight in the long run!!!!  

We get 1% milk os that good???

And I tryed dobling on veggies but I got in trouble because there wasent enouph left for everyone else. I love veggies they are my favorit food well second cavorit pasta os my favorit with lots of chees and tomato sause (with no meat unless it's speggetie, lasonia or weaner pasta bake)

but I don't have pasta often.
COMMUNITY LEADER
1% milk is great -- drink up, girl, you will get lots of calcium, protein, vitamin B12 and not a lot of fat.........

Happy to hear that you love the veggies.  Maybe mum could cook a bit more so you can eat your fill of them and still leave some for the rest of the family?  

Okay - I'll tell you a secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else......okay?
Here I go -- pasta is one of my favorite foods...... I love macaroni (goulash, mac and cheese, etc), egg noodles (with cream of chicken soup and browned ground beef), spaghetti, with meat sauce........

Well, I know your mum is doing the cooking, so you might ask if she could get whole grain instead of "regular" pasta (I use whole grain pasta all the time and like it even better); if that isn't an option, try loading up on sauce - tomato sauce is very good for you and has relatively low calories - just make sure you leave enough for the rest of the family...........LOL         You can also use cheese for some of your daily dairy servings.  Maybe mum could go to low fat cheeses?  

Okay - I'm sort of teasing you about leaving some for the family, but trying to make a point also.  You can eat a lot of those things and not necessarily gain weight.  In some instances, you will have to cut your portions, but in others, you don't have to.  

Do you understand what I'm getting at?  Don't stop eating; just do some research and learn the best options to keep you healthy.  I know your mum thinks you are too skinny, but I bet if you talk to her, she would understand and maybe try to help you with this.