A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.66k Members
Cat

Quick healthy recipes?

External User
    So I recently started a new job and my Fall semester has started and I know I won't be home as much. I want to make sure I stay on track of my weight loss goals and eat right. So I was wondering if anyone has some simple  recipes or meals that they would like to share? Or perhaps specific items for purchase at any store? I would truly appreciate some meal ideas so that I could make it/pack it through out the week! Thanks in advance :)
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you have access to a freezer and microwave at work, you can buy some low calorie frozen dinners to take with you. These would depend on your individual tastes.

You can get whole grain bread (or wraps) and keep sandwich fixings on hand, such as deli-sliced turkey or chicken and pack sandwich ingredients separately, then make your sandwich when you are ready to eat.  The same thing can be done with salads.  Sandwich and salad ingredients often tend to get soggy or not so fresh when put together for any length of time; by packing the ingredients separately, you're making it fresh. With a sandwich or salad, all you'd need to include is maybe a yogurt or piece of fruit.  Breakfast items could be a whole grain cereal with fruit, whole grain toast with peanut butter, yogurt, hard cooked egg.

If you can give us a better idea of what you like, we might be able to come up with recipes for you.  You can make bigger batches of foods on weekends or when you have extra time, then package them in individual servings, so all you have to do is pack it up and go.  Of course, as stated above, that depends on whether you have access to a fridge and microwave at work.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.