Weight Loss & Dieting Community

Seroquel caused me to gain 30 pounds in 2 months

I was on Seroquel 300mg a night for sleep. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months. I did get hungry at night and sometimes had a snack but I hired a personal trainer and have been working 4 days a week for a straight hour of cardio style weight lifting (my heart rate maintains at 165 the whole hour) plus I have to do an hour of cardio everyday on top of the training. I have done this for 6 weeks now and have lost 2 pounds. I have lost quite a few inches but no real weight. I went off the Seroquel 2 weeks ago and continue my intense work out schedule, to date I have still not lost any weight. My calories are restricted to 1000 per day which I strictly maintain.
So I ask WHY after all this work and dumping the Seoquel am I not loosing weight? I am even of Aderall 60mg. in the day which totally kills the appetite. I have to make myself eat 1000 calories a day.
This drug screwed up my metabolism plain and simple. I work harder than anyone I know at fitness to loose the weight the Seroquel made me gain yet I can't drop another pound. I have 28 pounds to go, when is it going to happen?
I am running 5 miles a day and doing the 4 days of intense training even my trainer is frustrated.
Please if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I am doing all I can possibly do. I also realize patience is key so I continue my diet and excersise routine but at somepoint it has to give??
You need to eat more calories.  Quite simply, with that type of a workout and those few calories, your body is holding onto the weight because it thinks you are starving!

Also, if you're not journaling your food, you may want to consider doing so in your journal and tracking your calories in your weight tracker.  You may also find it beneficial to record your exercise activities in your exercise tracker.  

Have you calculated the base calories you need to maintain your weight?  I'd be happy to help and would need height, weight, age, sex, and normal activity level.  From there, it takes a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories to lose 1 lb.

Do you have any other medical conditions that may be contributing to this?  Have you check with a physician?  

Hope to have you provide a little more information and certainly wish you well.  Nice to have you here in the WL&D forum and hope you'll consider participating here regularly.  

Very best wishes ..