Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.64k Members

Topomax dones cause weight loss, BUT

I feel so bad for people Topomax reasons and are told a side effect can be weight loss but are disappointed when they don't lose weight. The problem, according to my psychiatrist, is that doctors are for some reason not prescribing the other part of the FDA approved med combination for weight loss:  Ritalin. With the right titration of Topomax and Ritalin (I need both for treatment of bipolar disorder), I have lost 90 lbs (6.4 stone) in five months. My brain responds beautifully to the med combination, and my appetite has virtually disappeared. I do not eat due to hunger. I eat due to a sense of weakness. Walking five miles a day and using the Myfitnesspal app available on both iPhone and Android has done the trick for me. But the key is not to rely on Topomax alone. It must be taken in combination with Ritalin.
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
Topamax, by itself, itself will cause weight loss if you get the right dosage.  I've been on it for about 2 yrs and lost about 8 lbs within the first week of starting on it, then lost another 15 over the next year...
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.