Weight Loss & Dieting Community

Want to loose weight fast, am I doing it right?

I have put on weight over the past year, change of contraception & not really bothering about what I eat.
I was a size 10 (UK Size!) & now I’m a 14 & my boobs are 36G (which I’m not to bothered about !)
Anyway, the past month I have been cycling to & from work which is just over 7 miles & have been eating healthier, I have also ordered Pure Hoodia pills & Acia Berry’s... How long do you think it will take for me to get back to what I was & how many calories am I burning per day?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I suggest that you save your money on the Hoodia and Acai; they aren't likely to do you a lot of good.  

I suggest that you use the exercise tracker here on Med Help.  You can put in your minutes of cycling/day, along with other forms of exercise and it will tell you how many calories you burned.  Just remember, you will also be toning and building muscle as well, so even if the weight doesn't come off right away, you are benefiting.  I would suggest that you take your measurements (bust, waist, thighs, upper arms), so you can see better what you are accomplishing.  It might not always come off pounds, it could come off as inches.

Muscle is much denser than fat; therefore as you build muscle, your inches should get less, even if the weight doesn't.

You could also implement the food diary here on Med Help.  You set it up, then enter in what you eat each day and it will tell you your total calories, as well as the nutritional value of the food you are eating.  This will help you figure out areas in which you might need to cut back (fat, sugar, etc) or areas that you might need to increase (protein, fiber, dairy, etc) your intake.

The safest way to lose weight is through diet and exercise changes.  The recommended weight loss is 1-2 lbs/week.