Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members
1388972 tn?1280136169

Want to loose weight fast, am I doing it right?

I have put on weight over the past year, change of contraception & not really bothering about what I eat.
I was a size 10 (UK Size!) & now I’m a 14 & my boobs are 36G (which I’m not to bothered about !)
Anyway, the past month I have been cycling to & from work which is just over 7 miles & have been eating healthier, I have also ordered Pure Hoodia pills & Acia Berry’s... How long do you think it will take for me to get back to what I was & how many calories am I burning per day?
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
I suggest that you save your money on the Hoodia and Acai; they aren't likely to do you a lot of good.  

I suggest that you use the exercise tracker here on Med Help.  You can put in your minutes of cycling/day, along with other forms of exercise and it will tell you how many calories you burned.  Just remember, you will also be toning and building muscle as well, so even if the weight doesn't come off right away, you are benefiting.  I would suggest that you take your measurements (bust, waist, thighs, upper arms), so you can see better what you are accomplishing.  It might not always come off pounds, it could come off as inches.

Muscle is much denser than fat; therefore as you build muscle, your inches should get less, even if the weight doesn't.

You could also implement the food diary here on Med Help.  You set it up, then enter in what you eat each day and it will tell you your total calories, as well as the nutritional value of the food you are eating.  This will help you figure out areas in which you might need to cut back (fat, sugar, etc) or areas that you might need to increase (protein, fiber, dairy, etc) your intake.

The safest way to lose weight is through diet and exercise changes.  The recommended weight loss is 1-2 lbs/week.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.