Weight Loss & Dieting Community

Weight Loss

I am 245lbs at 6'1" and need to lose at least 30lbs. I know there is no quick fix it took a long time to get here. There are so many "diets" out there what is healthy and effective without having to sign up for a program that ships me food at exorbitant costs?

I am not fit at you can imagine how should I start an exercise program, cardio, weight training, or just basic exercises like situps and pushups?
I was 273 lbs at 5'11" and now down to 244 lbs in 86 days (started May 18 to now, Aug. 12).
What I did was I enrolled with the Herbalife program which is an 11 days program.
They are going to weight you in and analyze your body construction everyday. Then they will assign you a meal plan. I lost 9 lbs in that 11-day program and has been dieting on my own since then, doing calorie counting.
I never thought it would work but I just gave it a try and followed my meal plan seriously.
This is a work in progress as my target is to lose 70 lbs. and now I'm considering doing work outs.

Good luck!