Weight Loss & Dieting Community

Welcome to Weight Loss and Dieting 2010

Well, we are officially ending a year and beginning another.  Wishing everyone the best New Year ever.  

As we know a new year seems like the time to make new commitments, because we are making a "fresh start" or new beginning.  Now is the time to rethink options and make our resolutions  It's time to decide what we are going to do for the next year, regarding our weight loss efforts.  

I know there are a lot who are having health issues and of course, LIFE takes over sometimes and we don't seem to be able to follow through with our commitments.  

There are many different methods of losing weight -- a new diet comes along almost every day; new articles are printed in magazines with suggestions of all kinds, from diets to exercise routines and of course, they all profess to be the best.  

I still find that making small changes and taking baby steps is the safest way to go.  Lifestyle changes that we will stick to are by far the best........

If you want something badly enough, you can achieve it, whether it's for health reasons, self esteem or any other reason.

What are your plans?  Are you following a program that's working -- if so, maybe you'd be willing to tell us about it - whether it's a diet or exercise plan?  Are you looking for a program that will work for YOU?  Are you an emotional eater?  Do you have a body "image" problem (think you're fat, when the numbers say you aren't).  Have you lost the desired amount of weight and are now "maintaining"?  Whatever your issues or situation, we'd like to hear them.  

Whatever weight loss issues you might have, I'm challenging all our members (both old timers  and new comers) to make a commitment for their weight loss and to make every effort to follow through.  

HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS.................
barb

COMMUNITY LEADER
My commitment is exercise --- I've got my meds adjusted, now I need to get with the program and exercise.........move, move, move..

Food is not really a problem for me -- the motivation to work out after I've spent a day at work, is my problem.  

I get up at 3:30 am, so by the time I get home at around 3:00 pm, I'm totally shot.......my commitment is to try working in more exercise during my work day -- I do a lot of walking - up to 5 miles/day and up to now, it's not worked, but then up to now, my meds haven't been right --- dare I hope that the meds and the exercise together will work??  Yep, I dare to hope -------

I can do this ---- my commitment is 1-2 pounds/week until I've gotten off at least 20 pounds.  

Hoping everyone will help motivate me to accomplish my goal...........
My commitment is exercise as well.  I've let my health issues get me into a depression, I've been eating out of control and need to get back to me.  January 11will be my start date.  I will exercise at least 3 times a week.  I will start back using my food diary and plan to lose 20 lbs. by June.
My commitment is to remember the past but to never go back to it again. I hope by remembering the past it will help keep me away from it. I have a normal BMI now and I need to keep the weight off. I'm going to keep up with my program and make sure that after I lose the rest of my weight that I continue my program. We can do this guys! I never thought I could. I can, I did, I am, I will!!!
My commitment is to stop beating myself up every time the scales go up  which is just as well as they have gone up 2lbs this last week, some of that i can put down to picking when i shouldn't, New commandment to self "Thou shalt not pick", and i ate 2 chocolate bars, the first ones in 20 months, I still got 56lbs to lose my gaol was for 1st april that would be 2 yrs into my journey, but as always I'M a failure and that is not going to happen. I will need to be more realistic so I have changed my goal date to 19th july my birthday.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Way to go everyone -- I'm thrilled to see you all with commitments too.......

Trudie -- we CAN get this exercise down pat.  I just know we can.  

tigerlilly -- I don't know if you have reached your goal weight yet, but you have done such a good job staying with your program. The past always stays with us, but I agree --- keep moving forward and don't look back.  

Elaine -- you are NOT a failure.  You have have worked SO hard at losing and you've come a long way.  I'm happy that your commitment is to stop beating yourself up.  I think, instead of seeing only that you didn't reach your goal, maybe you need to concentrate more on what you HAVE accomplished............you can reach your goal.  

I'm hoping to have 30 pounds off by the time my birthday rolls around in June -- not sure if that will happen or not, but I'm going to give it my best shot; and if I don't succeed -- I'll just continue trying.  
how did u do it?

a friend of my stated a diet and lost 90lb in 8 month with out working out more then she did at work se dose some working at work she had a problem with food and now she losing the weght i going to start ur diet i just have to get of my *** and work out more my goal is to lose 40lbs by june then after losing the weght i want to have a baby and then work it of again i am 50lbs over what i should be and have some health problems that will go away if i lost the wait and it would be batter for the baby if my blood presher would go down.... i have been trying for 6 1/2 month tio get prego and i think it my weight holding me back, i evern had surgery to help me get prego now still trying but losing a little wait as long as im still eat well and working out want hurt anyone maybe i get prego if i lose a few lbs....
COMMUNITY LEADER
Okay, we are almost 2 months into our new year --- how is everyone doing?  

As many of you know, I've had a lot going on since before Christmas - my aunt, houseful of company, etc, so actually "working out" has gone by the wayside once again, but I'm still doing okay.  My weight is bouncing -- depending on what I'm eating, which, with all the company and extra cooking they do, is too much.  Part of my company will be leaving this weekend, so I'm hoping to be able to get back into a routine, but we'll see.

Anxious to hear how YOU are doing..........
my age iz 21 n my weight iz 54 kg
i dn hav a suitable figure i wana lose some weight so dat i cn hav a better figure
plz guide me about diet n exercise
besides i hv skin problems too if take less diet dat affects ma face so kindly help me any 1
thank you
COMMUNITY LEADER
Can you tell us how tall you are?  What kind of food(s) do you eat?  How much exercise do you get? What kinds of things do you like to do?  

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but without knowing something about you, it's hard to answer your questions.

Welcome aboard.  
ma height iz 5'3.. i take milk in breakfast n take meal once a day at evening a take items like noodles n thngs like dat
i do areobics n i hav strtd it frm last 15 days on regular bases for 30 min atleast
my activites are just stdy n i use computer in ma spare time
Just stopping in to say HI again to every1! I aint been around in awhile hope every1 is well and on track! As for me I done fell on the wagon 100 miles bk! I left my hometown on new years to see my family and found a season job which im still doing its taxes so it wont be over till April 15th! My husband followed behind me and we have decided we will return to our hometown in TX so i cant wait to go back we're trying to save some money but we have purchased a vehicle which was a HUGE part of our disagreements!! I have gained about 10 lbs since i stopped working out in September but Im making it a priortity to save the rest of my cash and get my behind in the gym just as soon as i get bk! I want to shed these 10 for summer and look and feel amazing!! TC all talk to u guys when i can! And Miss Ranae hope you are well!! *hugs*
COMMUNITY LEADER
hey there -- welcome back........sorry to hear about your 10 pound gain, but so good to see you back.  It's good if you can hit the gym again, but you don't have to wait for that -- don't forget that walking is an excellent way to move some of those pounds; not to mention that you can go online and download all types of exercises.........