A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.68k Members
1480722 tn?1287559272

What is happening to me?

I am a post gastric bypass patient ( nine years ago) with mulitple problems that no one in my town can seem to answer of fix for me.  I weighed 436 at surgery and am now 132. I have had major deteriation of my nasal cavity, excessive bleeding from the nose.  I have cysts all around and in my ear that bleed daily. the outter ear is thickening and enlarging. I have fluid build up inside my ear and head that drives me insane.  Pressure from this tremendous.  I have no energy.  I am depressed.  I have memory issues.  My teeth have been falling out and breaking for the past 6 years.  I have had blood transfusions because I can not seem to make enough of it.  Dizzy spells and passing out.  I have a hard time swallowing at times.  Can eat just fine but my stomach is rolling constantly.  I stay dehydrated.  The medication that they give me never works.  Vitamins dont work. I do not sleep well.  My feet and legs will not stop moving when I lay down at night.  They tingle and hurt during the day.  What is wrong with me and what can I do about it?
1 Responses
I a ru n y gastric exclusion in 1969.  At first I did well, but like you I have had many issues.  Teeth is a major issue most of my teeth are capped or I have had implants.  I have had major blood issues with low hemo twice so far.  I take vitamin B12 shots once a month, that seems to help.  I have had iron infusions for 6 months at a time, as the hemo goes down to 6.  I eat fine I don't have dumping but I algree mitamins don't work.  I don't sleep well either, the most I sleep is around two hours at a time.  I use to get charlie horses at night, but I have started taking Mag.Calcium and Zinc. that seems to help but now I get kidney stones more frequently.  My legs ache and I wish I could walk more but because they ache I talk myself out of it.  I don't think there is anything you can do about it.  I guess you just traded one problem for another.  I have a few memory issues, but I am in my early 60's.  I just assume that I have a lot on my mind.  At least that is what I hope it is.  Maybe not, but I know it is annoying when I can't retrieve what I want to remember at the right time.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.