Weight Loss & Dieting Community

What is it?

Water weight? Bloating?... My entire life my weight has significantly fluctuated DAILY! I mean literally, one day I can fit into a pair of pants, the next I can't, the next I can. It is visible, probably more to myself than anyone else, but it also is even worse weekly. Fluctuating 5-10lbs back and forth weekly. What helps?
Hi again Melissa. Hormones that your body naturally produces cause weight to fluctuate.
COMMUNITY LEADER
It also depends on when/what you last ate/drank, in relation to when you weighed.  My weight can fluctuate as much as 5-6 pounds/day, but I know I'm not gaining/losing fat that quickly; it's all fluid related.
I know exactly how you feel... especially that time of the month i tend to gain 5-10lbs. And then it comes off within a few days.  I find that I am prone to fluid retention.  When I try to consume less sodium during that time it only fluctuates by a couple of lbs.