A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members
649848 tn?1534637300

What's You Favorite Diet?

I've been getting a bit frustrated with myself lately because I just don't seem to be able to control my appetite satisfactorily, lately and I haven't been very disciplined. I've been wondering if I should try a specific eating plan.

There are so many different weight loss plans out there, I just don't know which one would be best.  There's Weight Watchers, South Beach, Atkins, Zone, and many more; then there are the ones that provide the food, such as Nutri-system, Jenny Craig, Medi Weight Loss, etc.  My own doctor, recently recommended the Miami Mediterranean Diet, but I haven't looked into it yet.

I'm wondering what diet plans others have tried and what success you had, whether or not you kept the weight off, etc. If you didn't keep the weight off, would you try that same diet plan again, if so, why; if not, why?  

I don't believe in giving up entire food groups, such as carbs, protein, fats, etc.  I believe the body needs a healthy mix of all the food groups.  

I'd really appreciate any ideas ya'll might have.  
11 Responses
1387710 tn?1286271595
hiya i totally know where your coming from its very hard especially if ur like me and like to eat things we r not allowed to! im 24, weight 12 stone and i hate this so so much. my problem area is my stomach really i have had 2 children and a c- section so i also have scar tissue which give me a fole over on my belly:( i cant exercise because i suffer from back problems and am in lots of pain with it. i needed to lose weight quickley a few months back for a birthday event. so i tried the lemonade diet (known as the beyonce diet) you cant eat anything at all for a week! this was very hard but i done it. all you have is this special drink and water for your drinks. i lost a stone in a wekk. as u can imagine i was so happy....BUT after i finished the weight fell straight back on:( this diet is a good diet if u need to lose weight fast for a special event coming up. but other than that i wont be doing it again only if i need too. x
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm glad you managed to lose weight so quickly, however, diets like this won't keep the weight off, as you saw.  

I'm looking for something that is reasonable, that I can start and stay with; and will provide most of the nutrients I need, as well.

In your case, with the exercise issue - can you walk?  Walking is always good exercise and will help melt belly fat, if done consistently.  You  might also consider yoga; it emphasizes stretching, relaxation and balance, which should actually help your back, not harm it.  Of course, you should consult your doctor before beginning any program to be sure it won't aggravate your issues.

Thank you for your input.
1468062 tn?1286476893
The problem is not your appetite, it's what and how much you eat to satisfy that appetite.  If your hungry- EAT, but eat healthy.  I never seen anyone gain weight eating fresh fruits and vegetables when they are hungry.  Any diet will work as long as you expend more calories than you take in.  It's real simple, just hard to do!
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree that one needs to eat healthy; however, I *have* seen people gain weight eating fresh fruits and veggies.  While fruit is very good for you, most also contains quite a bit of sugar, which if not used, can/will turn to fat.  

I don't necessarily agree that "any diet will work".  I happen to have autoimmune thyroid disease and up to this point, NO amount of healthy eating has worked.  The concept of "expending more calories than you take in" is wonderful, but for some of us, it's just not that simple.  When you metabolism is slowed down by hypothyroidism, ANY calories can be too many; however, we all know we can't go very long without calories to provide energy.
1387710 tn?1286271595
thanks for you message, yes i can walk i have started walking a lot more than i used to now. as for yoga i might give it a go, thanks x
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
I guarantee you will love yoga if you try it....... well, can't really guarantee - some don't like it......... but please do try it.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.