Weight Loss & Dieting Community

im 16 year old boy need some advice

Hi im 16 years old and im on a diet that has been affective but over time. I dont eat breakfast. I have my lunch at 12:30 and dinner at 7:30. My mom keeps bugging me that this will slow down my metablism and get really fat. My friends tell me that im getting weaker. Should i continue this diet or stop doing. It has been very affective. I am about 6 feet tall and I've went from 200 lbs to 170lbs since Novemeber. I work out occasionally and if i do its push ups. Shall i continue or stop doing this diet?
Thank you
You should DEFINITELY start eating breakfast! How do you expect to have energy until lunchtime if you don't start the day off right? At 16, and you being 6 feet and 170 lbs, I would say that you're NOT overweight.

Being 16, you should be involved in physical activities, and be more concerned about exercise than about diet. I mean, I'm not saying to eat junk food or anything. But I don't think you should be skipping meals and going so long without eating anything. Your mom is right. Skipping meals and under-eating WILL slow down your metabolism. And you WILL be weak if you're not getting enough calories. PLUS, at 16 you're probably still growing. You don't want to mess with your growth rate.

Try and enjoy your highschool years and don't obsess too much. Just try and live a healthy lifestyle and take PE classes or get involved in sports.
ok thank very much
im a boy and sixten, i am 5ft. 7 and 100 pounds, i dnt eat breakfast, i eat a muffin for dinner @ 12.30 and i sometimes eat tea if i can be bothard.. am i underwieght i belive i am fat i want to lose more weight. i am going down to 6 stone...
BOY ARE U TRYNNA KILL URSELF!!! U GOTTA B KIDDING ME? U R UNDERWEIGHT!!!! 2 BE DAT TALL N DAT SKINNY U GOT PROBLEMS....!!! TRY EATING A BOWL OF CEREAL WITH SKIM MILK A SDANDWICH 4 LUNCH N SOME VEGGIES N CHICKEN FOR DINNER... DAT CAN HELP KEEP UR BODY IN SHAPE WHILE GAINING "GOOD" WEIGHT!
GOOD LUCK...
I am also 16 and I know how you feel when you want to lose weight by cutting a meal and working out some more but I will tell you that I have done that be for and it didn't help!
I started eating breakfast again and a little bit less than what I was eating for lunch and dinner and got on a routine work-out and my weight just started to melt away and I am still working on it.
It is great to have friends that notice when something is different or not right about you. You should appreciate them very much.

Good Luck on toning yourself, but don't over-do-it

are you kidding me? 5 7 and you're only 100 lbs? that's insane!!! if anything you're slowly killing yourself! my mother works in a hospital and with some of the patients she gets they're anorexic, bulemic or anything else you can imagine. my cousin was going through the i'm not eating phase and my mother made her meet a girl. you're age...only taller. she was 5 8 who weighed 85 lbs. she refused to eat. by time she was taken to the hospital it was to late for her. she died from starvation (from eating an apple or something small once a day) 3 weeks later. that's not something to aspire to. eating healthy and working out is the way to go. not starving yourself.