Weight Loss & Dieting Community

jogging

how much should I jog to lose weight I'm a beginner
One of the most effective exercises to lose weight is jogging! Jogging burns more calories than almost all other forms of cardio exercise. Since the formula for weight loss is burning more calories than you consume, jogging can be the ticket. You can lose weight by jogging for 20-minute sessions with a workout plan.
Track and record your weight each week to see your progress. Losing 1 to 2 lbs. per week is recognized as being a healthy, sustainable rate of weight loss. One pound is equivalent to about 3,500 calories, so if you burn 500 more calories than you consume each day, you will lose about 1 lb. in a week.
Follow a regular running program of 20-minute jogging sessions. The amount of calories that you burn each session depends on your weight and running speed. You can calculate how many calories you burn by using the HealthStatus calories burned estimator. If you are new to running, begin with a walking and running program and gradually build up your minutes running until you can run for the whole 20 minutes.
this is the link for the HealthStatus calories burned estimator

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=+HealthStatus+calories+burned+estimator&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Add intensity to your runs to burn more calories. You can increase your intensity by running faster. A 150-lb. runner who runs at a speed of 6 miles per hour for 20 minutes, for instance, burns about 228 calories. If she steps up her pace to run at a speed of 8 miles per hour for the same amount of time, she will burn more calories -- 306.
Run on an incline to add intensity to your runs. Jog up stairs or run up hills to burn more calories. For an effective hill workout, run up at least five or six hills that are 200 yards long or more. For a stair workout, try running up stadium steps at your local track and jogging down slowly to allow yourself time to recover. Hill and stair workouts not only burn extra calories, but also help strengthen your legs to help you run faster.
Buy comfortable running clothes I suggest going to a good sports store and talk to a knowledgeable clerk about running shoes.
Before doing anything get the OK from your doctor!