Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.66k Members

weight loss.

I'm 20 years old at 5'0 weighing 152 lbs. My doctor said I'm now obese. I'm feeling horrible. Literally NONE of my clothes are fitting. Even my shirts are looking funny on me. After my daughter was born 4 yeaes ago I wemt from 156 lbs to 114 lbs. WiWith healthy diet and exeecise 6 days a week. I was on birth control and gained over 20 lbs on it. Recently switched 4 days ago. My appetite is basically non existent now because it makes me naseuated. Anyway, I just can't seem to find the motivation anymore to lose weight. I'm really really unhappy with where I am. I will be going groceey shopping today and getting healthy foods. But I always do good the first 3 days then I just starr binging. I'm eating 1, 000 calories a day. When I don't feel its enough I willl add an extra hundred. How do I stop myself from these binges?!?!?!!
2 Responses
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
For your weight, 1000 calories/day isn't enough and you probably aren't eating enough proteins and fiber to keep you satisfied, which leads to binging.  

Make sure you eat protein with every meal/snack, because protein keeps you fuller longer and it also helps build muscle.  Fiber, as in veggies, also helps keep you fuller, but you need the protein with it.. Fats help keep you satisfied, but make sure you opt for the healthy ones, such as those found in olive oil, avocados, nuts/seeds, etc.  

A healthy, filling snack might be an apple with 2 tbsp peanut butter... the peanut butter provides the protein and healthy fats, the apple provides the sweetness and filling fiber.

You might also want to get your thyroid checked to make sure all is well there... hypothyroidism can make weight loss a total nightmare - that's the trip I'm on... additionally, insulin resistance adds more difficulty.. another trip I'm on.. simple blood tests (TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 for thyroid) can eliminate these possibilities.
Peanut butter is good, but make sure it's the kind with no hydrogenated oils, which are trans fat...lean protein and fiber is definitely the way to go, plus lots and lots of veggies. Vegetables are full of fiber
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.