Aa
A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
1320407 tn?1274382379

Ankle Injury Obstacle & Weight Loss

I have had many joint injuries to both knees and ankles, but my left ankle has gone through three bad sprains.  Tearing ligiments and tendons.  Now is swells up walking or turning it the wrong direction.  Because of this I have gained a lot of weight, not being able to exercise and get a high cardiovascular workout. Running is definately out of the question and walking has a roofing in weight loss in my case, because I am used to walking 26 miles with 40lbs strapped to my back.  What cardio can I do to loose weight without being mobile and on my feet?
2 Responses
921323 tn?1268675812
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Swimming could be a great choice for you.  You might also consider seeing a physical therapist who could prescribe exercises specific to your limitations.
Train intense weight training. That will be a cardio work out as well.
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.