Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Forum

Ankle Injury Obstacle & Weight Loss

I have had many joint injuries to both knees and ankles, but my left ankle has gone through three bad sprains.  Tearing ligiments and tendons.  Now is swells up walking or turning it the wrong direction.  Because of this I have gained a lot of weight, not being able to exercise and get a high cardiovascular workout. Running is definately out of the question and walking has a roofing in weight loss in my case, because I am used to walking 26 miles with 40lbs strapped to my back.  What cardio can I do to loose weight without being mobile and on my feet?
Swimming could be a great choice for you.  You might also consider seeing a physical therapist who could prescribe exercises specific to your limitations.
Train intense weight training. That will be a cardio work out as well.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.